Sunday, January 07, 2007

Okay, call me LAME, but I decided that I want to start writing about classical music in here. Exclusively? I'm not really sure yet. I just want to learn shitloads about the great composers that I should really know about if I'm pursuing a career in music.

Samuel Barber (1910-1981)
He was best known for his "Adagio for Strings". He also composed three concertos, three operas and a piano sonata that was first performed by Vladimir Horowitz (biiiig deal).

Adagio for Strings
You might have heard this in Amélie (one of the greatest French movies out there) or the Tenacious D movie that came out last year (which I have NOT seen, by the way).
Around 5min 47sec until 6min 13sec is pretty much the most intense thing I've ever heard, EVER.

Later!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok.
you're LAME !
(je ne pense pas, t'sais)

bien à toi,
2ldmoe/b

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, good choice.

-Blakey

10:04 PM  
Blogger ClappyJackson said...

You forgot to mention that this was the theme in Oliver Stone's "Platoon."

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home